Beaconstac is looking to hire a self-motivated leader who will work directly with the CEO to lead all aspects of people operations across India and the US, including recruiting/retention, benefits, performance management, compliance, training and development, and all other HR strategy and operations for our Phygital customer management SaaS platform, Beaconstac.
This new position will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and operation of all HR functions that support the success of our organization and is based out of our office in Bangalore, India.
Recruitment, Hiring, Onboarding across geographies
- Develop strategies to identify talent; scale recruitment and hiring process for all employees, from collaborating with managers on crafting job descriptions to extending job offers.
- Manage and conduct general organizational onboarding and orientation for new employees globally in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Manage and conduct offboarding of staff, including exit interviews; analyze data and make recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement.
Professional Development/Performance Management
- Oversee performance management activities, including ongoing feedback, documentation of individual and team performance issues, annual performance evaluations, and performance improvement plans
- Implement performance management approaches and systems; maintain knowledge of industry trends and best practices in workplace development and change management.
- Identify departmental training needs, and assist directors with finding appropriate training resources; ensure that training is being offered to all employees across all programs;
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure compliance with all employment-related laws and regulations across our teams in India and the United States; advise management on necessary actions in alignment with current employment law requirements.
- Oversee employee events and appreciation activities such as the annual retreats, social events, and group activities, tracking anniversaries, birthdays, and other milestones
- Assess and advance employee engagement and satisfaction
- Serve as the go-to people leader for all employees; proactively engage them to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Exhibit understanding, sensitivity, and responsiveness to cultural differences present in the company’s service and employee population; oversee the creation and implementation of programs that build momentum for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues; where applicable, conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Develop and administer a consistent and progressive compensation program, including salary surveys and market research, to ensure the company is competitive within its market Benefits Management/Payroll
- Monitor budgets for recruiting, training/staff development, and benefits programs
- Manage all HR administration, including the organization’s benefits programs, and provide payroll support to the Finance department
- 10+ years of experience in HR in a similar role
- Experience working with an organization that has team members across the US and India is mandatory.
- A good understanding of SaaS businesses is a bonus.
- Resourceful and able to find creative solutions, thinking beyond current systems and approaches
- Understanding of best practices and experience in building inclusive and engaged workplaces
- Ability to deal with conflict effectively and to manage difficult situations confidently and calmly
- Demonstrated ability to coach and counsel both executive-level management and employees; willingness to make decisions
- Strong project management skills; ability to effectively plan, implement and manage programs and functions; ability to implement, explain, and apply relevant policies, procedures, laws, and regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Hands-on, self-starter, capable of working independently
- True love for technology and what you do
- Maniacal attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
The Beaconstac Story
At Beaconstac, our mission is to connect the physical and digital worlds through technology. Over 20,000 businesses across the globe have chosen to deliver proximity marketing experiences using QR codes, NFC tags, and Bluetooth beacons powered by the Beaconstac platform.
We're proud of the company we've sustainably built over the last ten years and count investors like Accel and Cisco among our partners in this journey. We're a driven, passionate group of individuals who believe in the power of collaboration to bring out the best in us and achieve personal and professional growth.
We have our presence across the US and India, with offices in New York and Bangalore and remote team members across other countries.
We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, and a generous vacation policy. And you get to work on a product that people love and use in over 120 countries worldwide.